QScale develops eco-responsible computing centers for high performance computing (HPC). Our approach makes it possible to meet the growing needs in terms of technological infrastructures, while neutralizing their impact on the environment.
Reporting to the Electrical Manager, the Industrial Programming Technician is a key person in the site team. You will be in charge of modifications, adjustments, maintenance and projects related to automation systems, HMI, PLC, CMMS (CARL), regulation and building management systems (Ignition).
You write specifications and procedures related to the equipment under your responsibility and modify the technical descriptions for the users. You will also intervene in the event of a breakdown.
Knowledge of the Ignition platform will be considered an asset but training on existing systems will be provided.
You also collaborate with other trades, in particular for the electrical and electromechanical maintenance.
Responsibilities and duties
- Modify, develop and maintain equipment related to automation systems on and for site equipment.
- Lead and facilitate a collaborative environment to include internal resources and external vendors/consultants on an ad hoc basis to provide operational and project support to our operations teams.
- Develop detailed project plans and complete projects on time, within scope and on budget that support business objectives and improve operational capability.
- Lead automation projects that align with company vision and strategy.
- Provide leadership in knowledge transfer and implementation of standards and practices.
- Provide technical support to Operations.
- Perform site BMS modifications and maintenance.
- Develop and complete implementation plans for automation upgrades to existing facilities.
- Strength of proposal and active participation in equipment improvement projects with other trades.
- Diagnose and support the team during operating problems of the various site systems and participate actively in improving and innovative solutions.
- Stay informed of technological developments.
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards.
- Ensure quality requirements and standards, as well as compliance with applicable laws and regulations for equipment.
- Document and carry out qualitative and improvement monitoring of modifications and malfunctions.
Qualifications and skills
- DEC or BAC in automation or programming of industrial systems.
- 2 years minimum of experience.
- Mastery of Modbus and Ethernet communication protocols.
- Knowledge of Ignition software (asset).
- certification Gold of Ignition software (asset).
- Strong ability to learn and transmit knowledge.
- Fluency in spoken and written French, read English.
- Have a good ability to adapt.
- Ability to follow/read blueprints, instruction manuals, schematics/drawings and operating diagrams.
- Ability to operate control and automation systems as well as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Sense of innovation.
- Experience in the industrial sector.
- Be versatile, autonomous in his work and a good team spirit.
- Be curious and have the desire to train in your field but also in related trades.
- Sense of observation and analytical mind to quickly find a defect or any other problem.
- Demonstrate rigor and thoroughness in the execution of the work.
- Passionate about computers and programming.