QScale develops eco-responsible computing centers for high performance computing (HPC). Our approach makes it possible to meet the growing needs in terms of technological infrastructures, while neutralizing their impact on the environment.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you as a SCADA Integrator Technician are a key person in the site team. You are in charge of:
- Integrating the various Modbus points of site equipment into the building management system SCADA (Ignition).
- Providing technical expertise on configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance and DCS, PLC and SCADA upgrades.
- Maintenance of automation systems, HMI, PLC.
- Writing specifications and procedures related to the equipment under your responsibility and modify the technical descriptions for users. You intervene in the event of a breakdown.
Knowledge of the Ignition platform will be considered an asset but training on existing systems will be provided.
The SCADA Integrator Technician also collaborates with other departments including electrical maintenance, mechanical maintenance and construction.
Very open to learning from other professions, you like to share your knowledge with others and are proactive in the context of continuous improvement. You like to actively collaborate in the advancement of the site with all trades.
Responsibilities and duties
- Integrate the Modbus points of the various site equipment on the Ignition.
- Modify, develop and maintain equipment related to automation systems on and for site equipment.
- Lead and facilitate a collaborative environment to include internal resources and external vendors/consultants on an ad hoc basis to provide operational and project support to our operations teams.
- Develop detailed project plans and complete projects on time, within scope and on budget that support business objectives and improve operational capability.
- Lead automation projects that align with company vision and strategy.
- Provide leadership in knowledge transfer and implementation of standards and practices.
- Provide technical support for operations.
- Perform site BMS modifications and maintenance.
- Develop and complete implementation plans for automation upgrades to existing facilities.
- Diagnose and support the team during operating problems of the various site systems.
- Stay informed of technological developments.
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards.
- Ensure quality requirements and standards, as well as compliance with applicable laws and regulations for equipment.
- Document and carry out qualitative and improvement monitoring of modifications and malfunctions.
Qualifications and skills
- DEC or BAC in Automation, Electronics, Programming of industrial systems or equivalent experience.
- 2 years minimum of experience.
- Proficiency in Modbus, Bacnet and Ethernet communication protocols.
- Knowledge of SCADA.
- Knowledge of Ignition software (asset).
- Gold certification of Ignition software (asset).
- Strong ability to learn and transmit knowledge.
- Fluency in spoken and written French, read English.
- Have a good ability to adapt.
- Ability to follow/read blueprints, instruction manuals, schematics/drawings, operating diagrams.
- Ability to operate control and automation systems as well as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Sense of innovation.
- Experience in the industrial sector.
- Be versatile, autonomous in your work and a good team spirit.
- Curiosity and desire to train in his field but also in related trades.
- Sense of observation and analytical mind to analyze and quickly find a defect or any other problem.
- Demonstrate rigor and thoroughness in the execution of the work.
- Passionate about computers and programming.