Reporting to the Electrical Manager, as a Maintenance Electrician, you are in charge of the maintenance and repair of the various electrical and electromechanical systems of the Lévis building. You manage and carry out the equipment maintenance plan with various subcontractors.
You also collaborate in the operations of maintenance, continuous improvement and maintenance of other systems and equipment under the responsibility of your supervisor.
You may be able to carry out written procedures and manage projects.
The Maintenance Electrician also collaborates with other trades. You are open to learning other trades and also like to share your knowledge with others.
Responsibilities and duties
- Ensure the support technical to Operations
- Maintain the equipment park and utility systems, including high, medium and low voltage electrical maintenance
- Write and revise job-related procedures
- Participate in equipment improvement projects
- Diagnose and support the team during operational problems with various site systems and actively participate in finding innovative solutions
- Stay informed of technological developments
- Actively participate in building project management
- Perform various installation or modification work
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards
- Ensure compliance with quality requirements and standards, as well as applicable laws and regulations for equipment
- Be a driving force for any changes aimed at improving energy efficiency, system protection and operation, quality, and operation optimization
- Document and carry out a qualitative and improvement follow-up of the modifications and malfunctions
Qualifications and skills
- DEP in Electricity
- 4 years minimum of experience
- Electrician's journeyman license (construction or non-construction)
- Knowledge of thermographic inspection
- Knowledge of medium or high voltage electricity (asset)
- Knowledge of generators (asset)
- Knowledge of maintenance and electrical servicing of transformers, circuit breakers, frequency converters, etc.
- Strong learning and knowledge-sharing abilities
- Fluency in spoken and written French, English an asset
- Ability to follow/read plans, instruction manuals, diagrams, and operating diagrams
- Ability to operate control and automation systems as well as the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work with a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Experience in the industrial sector
- Be versatile, autonomous in his work and a good team spirit
- Observational skills and analytical mindset to quickly analyze defects or any other problem
- Demonstrate rigor and thoroughness in the execution of the work
- Passionate about computers and programming