Reporting to the electrical manager, you as an electrodynamics technician are in charge of the maintenance and repair of the various electrical and electromechanical systems of the Lévis building. You manage and carry out the equipment maintenance plan with various subcontractors.
You also collaborate in the operations of maintenance, continuous improvement and maintenance of other systems and equipment under the responsibility of your supervisor.
You also collaborate with other trades and are very open to learning about other trades and also sharing your knowledge with others.
Responsibilities and duties
- Provide technical support for operations.
- Maintain the fleet of equipment and utility systems, i.e. medium and low voltage electrical maintenance.
- Write and revise the procedures related to the position.
- Participate in equipment improvement projects.
- Diagnose and support the team during operational problems of the various systems of the site and be actively participative for improvement and innovative solutions.
-Stay informed of technological developments.
- Actively participate in the management of building projects.
- Perform various installation or modification work.
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards.
- Ensure quality requirements and standards, as well as compliance with applicable laws and regulations for equipment.
- Be a source of proposals for possible modifications aimed at improving energy efficiency, the protection and operation of systems, the quality as well as the optimization of operations.
- Document and carry out qualitative and improvement monitoring of modifications and malfunctions.
Qualifications and skills
- DEC in electrodynamics or industrial electronics.
- 4 years minimum of experience.
- Knowledge of medium voltage electricity.
- Knowledge of generator sets.
- Knowledge of Ignition software (asset).
- Strong ability to learn and transmit knowledge.
- Fluency in spoken and written French, English an asset.
- Ability to follow/read blueprints, instruction manuals, schematics/drawings and operating diagrams.
- Ability to operate control and automation systems as well as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work with a CMMS system (Computer Aided Maintenance Management).
- Experience in the industrial sector.
- Be versatile, autonomous in his work and a good team spirit.
- Be curious and have the desire to train in your field but also in related trades.
- Sense of observation and analytical mind to analyze and quickly find a defect or any other problem.
- Demonstrate rigor and thoroughness in the execution of the work.
- Passionate about computers and programming.